Choosing The Right Water Damage Restoration Experts
There are a lot of companies out there that offer water damage restoration services. When trying to find someone to come into your Cedar Rapids home to restore your property, there are certain things that we at Challis Restoration recommend you should look for:
- The first thing you should look for is a company that offers full service cleaning and restoration. Some companies only offer water extraction and drying, but do not have restoration services if repairs or reconstruction are needed. From start to finish, full service restoration companies will be able to handle water extraction, drying, and repairs, remodeling, and reconstruction, which will make the restoration process more efficient.
- Make sure the company follows the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standard for water damage restoration. The IICRC S500 Standard provides a set of practical standards for water damage restoration and the foundation for basic principles of proper restoration practices. The standards are based on reliable restoration principles, research, and practical experience, and have been compiled from information obtained from numerous sources and extensive consultations. Companies who commit to following these standards will provide services that are safe and effective, and tend to produce better results.
- Choose a company that offers 24/7 emergency services. Water damage cannot be planned on, and will more than likely happen when you least expect it. The key to dealing with water damage is to respond quickly and thoroughly, within the first 24-48 hours. Failing to act quickly could result in further damage and mold growth. With 24/7 service, you can rest assured that the restoration company will be able to mitigate damage and begin restoring your home to its pre-loss condition in a timely manner.
- Look for companies that use state-of-the-art equipment. With the use of commercial-grade air movers and dehumidifiers, water damage cleanup can be done quickly and thoroughly. Since moisture can hide in areas we cannot see, like inside walls and under floorboards, the use of professional equipment can guarantee that all water and moisture is removed from the damaged area. Adequate drying is crucial in the prevention of mold growth and spread. You want to go with a company that has invested in the equipment they use, so that they can ensure that the water damage in your home is adequately cleaned and dried up.
- Find a company that has experienced and trained technicians. Highly trained and certified staff will have the knowledge and experience to get your home restored fully and quickly. Companies should stand behind their work, and offer a satisfaction guarantee. You want only the best in the business working in your home and on your property, so be sure to choose a company that offers the best services with the best technicians.
If you have experienced water damage in Cedar Rapids or surrounding areas, a phone call to Challis Restoration Services will start you on the road to recovery fast. With hundreds of water damage repair projects under our belts, in addition to our highly trained and nationally certified staff, we will get your home back to its pre-loss condition fast. We stand behind our work with a 100% Unconditional Guarantee, and are certified by the IICRC. With 24/7 emergency response services, we are standing by to meet all your water damage restoration needs. Challis Restoration Services is your one-stop call for all your water damage needs.