The Essentials Of Taking Care Of Roof Repairs Sooner Than Later
Putting off roof repairs could lead to extensive damage to your home as well as cost. Your roof is the first line of defense to your home so by leaving it exposed and unprotected, it could become catastrophic. At Challis Restoration, we know how important having a secure and strong roof is. Any roof repair should be considered an emergency for security.
Emergency Roofing Services In Bettendorf
Emergencies don’t only consist of big, gaping holes in rooftops or having most of the shingles fall off. Emergencies can begin with small issues that quickly develop into bigger ones in a matter of days. That being said, here are some of the main causes of roof damage that will require emergency roofing services for your Bettendorf home.
- Limbs from nearby trees can break and fall during heavy wind and rain storms or even under the weight of heavy snow or ice. If you have low-hanging branches or limbs that are lying too close to your home, consider having them trimmed off to prevent possible roof damage from them.
- Heavy wind can cause the shingles to lift and some to even blow off. If moisture gets behind loose or lifted shingles, it can leak into the ceiling and lead to water damage and mold growth. After any excessive wind or storm, you should look for missing shingles around your home and on your roof. This will let you know if you need to have it further inspected and repaired before any further damage can occur.
- Ice dams and heavy snow can also cause serious problems for your roof. For places that see temperatures below freezing, ice can form along eves and in gutters, causing snow to back up on the roof. As the snow begins to back up and then freeze again when temperatures drop, it can cause the shingles to pull and lift away, allowing water to get underneath them. Any time water gets under shingles, it means trouble.
- Moisture altogether can leave your roof in need of repairs. When gutters and downspouts fail to collect and channel water off of your roof and away from your home, it can allow that water to run down the walls. It can even build up on the roof where it can lead to water damage, mold growth, and even rot.
- UV rays can also leave your roof needing repairs, especially any older roofs that are nearing the end of their lifespan. Naturally, shingles will fade from the UV exposure they receive every single day. While this is part of your roof aging, if your shingles become too dried out or begin to warp or crack due to this exposure, you need to consider getting them replaced.
- Debris that builds up on your roof can also leave you in need of emergent repairs. This is especially true for areas of your roof that have crevices made by dormers or extensions. Leaves, sticks, dirt, and all other types of debris can create piles of mulch that trap moisture underneath and can cause your shingles to rot.
It is important to clean off your roof annually if not semi-annually to remove excess build-up and prevent escalating roof damage. When you need emergency roofing services, no matter what that cause may be, call the experts at Challis Restoration. We know how important your roof is and we will make sure to make it our priority to get it repaired quickly and prevent any further damage.