November is finally here! As you put away your swimsuits, inflatable pools, and finish off the last popsicle, you know it’s time to start thinking about winter. Winter is a great season (drinking hot chocolate daily is a beautiful thing) but with the snow, crisp leaves, and holiday parties, one thing begins to creep into your mind: winter water damage. Walking in a winter…water damaged home? Hopefully you won’t ever have to. However, there are some important steps to take in November to winterize your Davenport home and maximize your busy season.
You may be thinking, “What is an ice dam?” Ice dams are one of the most harmful causes of winter water damage. Ice dams are caused when warm air rises inside your home, causing the roof to heat up. The snow melts and then re-freezes on colder, unheated eaves. If ice dams are not removed promptly, water will collect behind the ice and can be forced underneath the shingles, causing significant damage.
Here are some additional tips on preventing a leaky roof this winter:
1. Clean, inspect, and repair gutters. Removing leaves and dirt will ensure water can flow uninterrupted through the drainage system.
2. Insulate your attic. Be sure the floor is sealed properly to prevent it from warming up. Spending a few hours insulating your attic can save you the headache of repairing an entire roof in the middle of December.
3. Invest in a roof rake. Roof rakes have a telescoping handle that allow for a wide range of motion. Using a roof rake is a quick way to eliminate the chance of snow buildup. Unbeknownst to many, roof rakes actually have a dual purpose: removing snow from your television satellite. Forty to fifty dollars can ensure a snow-free roof and an interruption-free game.
According to Nationwide Insurance, the average claim for burst pipes is $10,000. Not only is this painfully expensive, water damage due to burst pipes is painfully common. Prevent burst pipes by following these simple steps:
1. Insulate everything. Insulate exposed pipes, pipes under your sink, pipes in the attic, and your hot water heater. If you can name it, you can insulate it.
2. Keep your house warm. If you plan to leave for even a few days, leave the heat on. Coming home to a wet, cold home is not an ideal way to end a vacation.
3. Seal cracks and holes. Look for miniscule cracks and crevices in and around your home that could potentially expose your pipes to cold air.
Although preventing burst pipes and ice dams doesn’t sound appealing during your Thanksgiving season, it can save you hours of time and thousands of dollars by preventing a water damage emergency. If you have any concerns regarding winter water damage in Davenport, feel free to give us a call! We understand that water damage can devastate your life in a matter of hours. We are trained and ready to help you. Give us a call if you are in need of our water damage services.
Truly, the most great element that is elaborate while purchasing remedies online is to make a better choice. Truly, one of the best place where families can buy medicines is WEB. Medicaments like Prednisone generally is used to treat diseases such as skin diseases. Prednisone is a white to practically odorless powder. Certainly, you have to check with your physician to see whether one of these remedies is a good choice for you. What about cialis 20 mg and sexual health problems? Did read some about cheap cialis online? (Read more how to get cialis). Present ten percent of men aged 40 to 70 were unable to obtain an hard-on during sex. It affects men of all races. Generally when slightly goes wrong with your sexual health, it can act your sex life as well as your overall well-being. If you have difficulty getting an erection, it’s great to see a certified doctor before buying any sort of remedies. Sometimes drugs can cause side effects. Stop using this remedy and get emergency help if you have sudden vision loss.